August 17th, 2022
I am pleased to announce that I will be seeking re-election as Trustee to the Board
of Education for School District #43, representing my community of Port Coquitlam.
Port Coquitlam is my home, it is where I have raised my family. As a Trustee, parent of 3 students, and
active community member I have seen, experienced, and understand the challenges that our schools
and community have been through. Through this time, we have grown stronger when working together,
and imagined new ways to teach and learn.
I am proud of my leadership on the Board and our many accomplishments, including:
– A strong focus on student needs
– Building Safe & Modern Schools, including the Seismic replacements of Irvine Elementary and
Minnekhada Middle, plus additions to Blakeburn and Westwood Elementary, and many more.
Balanced budgets that add more resources to support our most vulnerable learners
– Navigating a global pandemic
– Spearheading the Mental Health Taskforce and Childcare Taskforce
– Completion of our 5-year strategic plan
– Current SD43 Board Chair
– Has previously served 3 years as SD43 Board Vice-Chair
– First Elected to the SD43 Board in 2014, Re-elected in 2018
– SD43 Board’s representative to BCPSEA for 7 years
– Youngest SD43 Trustee
– Parent of 3 current SD43 Students
– Married for 19 years
– Port Coquitlam Resident
– Self Employed, providing technology services for businesses
– Former volunteer PoCo Soccer Coach – 10 years
– Former Director of PoCo Heritage – 5 years
I have served on the Board of Education is a variety of leadership roles including as Board Chair, Board Vice Chair, Finance Committee Chair, BCPSEA Representative.